Please read the following legal information carefully.
Last updated February 2018
- Booking: means the agreed licence of a Space between Host and Guest.
- Booking Amount: means the value paid by the Guest for licensed Space.
- Facilities: mean all services which are described in the Listing, as being available for use by the Guest.
- Fees: mean the Rubberdesk charges for use of the Service.
- Guest: means a Guest Referral who enters into a Licence Agreement for the Space with the Host.
- Guest Referral: means Guests, persons or corporations whose details Rubberdesk has sent to the Host by email and who Rubberdesk believes are interested in licensing Space from the Host.
- Host: means the Principal to the Host Membership Agreement.
- Licence Agreement: means any agreement between Host and Guest in relation to the Space.
- Licence Rate: means the rate used to calculate the Booking Amount and shown on the Listing or provided to the Guest by the Host.
- Listing: means the description of the Space in the form of a webpage on the Site.
- Service: means all the functions performed by Rubberdesk as a platform to connect Hosts and Guests and facilitate the Booking of Spaces.
- Space: means the area to be licensed by the Host.
- Standard Booking Amount: means the Booking Amount without deductions, incentives, offers or rebates offered by the Host to the Guest for the licensed use of the Space.
- User: means anyone using the Site.
- We, Our & Us: mean Rubberdesk Pty Ltd.
- Website & Site: mean the website www.rubberdesk.com.au and alternative domain extensions to www.rubberdesk.
Rubberdesk is an online platform where businesses can share work space, typically but not exclusively by the month.
Rubberdesk is a self-service platform, where Hosts list Space available to be licensed by Guests. Guests can locate Space fulfilling their needs. Hosts and Guests can discuss licensed use of the Space, and, complete their sharing objectives together.
Rubberdesk operates the online marketplace and does not act as an agent of any User. Rubberdesk is remunerated as described in the Fee Schedule in the Host Membership Agreement available on the Site, and by providing Hosts with Guest Referrals.
The Site and associated Services is operated by Rubberdesk Pty Ltd, a proprietary company with Australian Company Number 163 716 247.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: +61 1300 433 757
Our registered address is:
Rubberdesk Pty Ltd
43A The Corso
Manly, NSW, 2095
Licence to Use the Site
Unless otherwise stated, we or our licensors own the intellectual property rights in the Site and material on the website. Subject to the licence below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these Terms.
Where materials on the Site have not been provided to the Site by yourself, you must not:
- Republish material from the Site (including republication on another website);
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from the Site;
- Show any material from the Site in public;
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on our Site for any commercial purpose;
- Edit or otherwise modify any material on the Site; or
- Redistribute material from the Site, except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution (such as listings provided to the Site by yourself).
Where content is specifically made available for redistribution, it may only be redistributed by the person who provided the content to the Website.
You must not use the Site in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the Site or impairment of the availability or accessibility of Site; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use the Site to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit, other malicious computer software or offensive content.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including, without limitation, scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to the Site without our express written consent.
Access to certain areas of the Site is restricted. We reserve the right to restrict access to other areas of the Site, or indeed our whole Site, at our discretion.
If we provide you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of the Site or other content or services, you must ensure that the password is kept confidential.
You must notify us by email immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account or password.
You are responsible for any activity on the Site arising out of any failure to keep your password confidential and may be held liable for any losses arising out of such a failure.
You must not use any other person's user ID and password to access the Site, unless you have that person's express permission to do so.
We may disable your user ID and password at any time in our sole discretion with or without notice or explanation.
You grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your content in any existing or future media. You also grant to us the right to sub-license these rights and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
Your Content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party's legal rights and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or us or a third party (in each case under any applicable law).
You must not submit any content to the Site that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
We reserve the right to edit or remove any material submitted to the Site, or stored on our servers, or hosted or published upon the Site.
We do not warrant the completeness or accuracy of the information published on the Site; nor do We commit to ensuring that the Site remains available or that the material on the Site is kept up to date.
We do not warrant the fitness for purpose or use of any document legal or otherwise published on the Site and you should seek appropriate professional advice before using the same and any use of the same by you is at your own risk.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to the Site and the use of the Site and any documents published on the Site (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill).
Limitations and Exclusions of Liability
Rubberdesk accepts no liability or responsibility as to the use of the Site.
- limit or exclude your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
Exclusion of Third Party Rights
Law and Jurisdiction
Materials on the Site are copyright. We grant permission to download copyright material only for private and non-commercial purposes, apart from fair dealing permitted by the Copyright Act 1968.
We grant to you a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, revocable licence to:
- View this website and the material on this website on a computer or mobile device via a web browser;
- Copy and store this website and the material on this website in your web browser cache memory; and
- Print pages from this website for your own personal and non-commercial use.
We do not grant you any other rights in relation to the Site or the material on the Site. In other words, all other rights are reserved.
For the avoidance of doubt, you must not adapt, edit, change, transform, publish, republish, distribute, redistribute, broadcast, rebroadcast, or show or play in public the Site or the material on the Site (in any form or media) without our prior written permission.
Data mining, (the automated and/or systematic collection of data) from the Site is prohibited.
We welcome links to the Site.
Links pointing to the Site should not be misleading.
Appropriate link text should always be used in links pointing to the Site.
The Site includes links to other websites owned and operated by third parties. These links are not endorsements or recommendations.
You agree that, should we request the deletion of a link to the Site that is within your control, you will delete the link promptly.
If you would like us to remove a link to your website that is included on the Site, please contact us using the contact details above. Note that unless you have a legal right to demand removal, such removal will be at our discretion.
Access to certain areas of our website is restricted and governed by the Host Membership Agreement available on the Site. We reserve the right to restrict access to other areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion.